Wednesday 7 December 2011

Critical Reflection?

I have been thinking about what I should be trying to achieve with this blog and how to do it. Looking back at some of my recent posts I seem to have developed a rather ‘editorial’ style: note something in the news and make a comment. Inevitably that feels to be a bit like standing on the sidelines, watching the world go by: a commentator rather than a contributor.

I have therefore decided to try to include, from time to time, what I am provisionally titling ‘mini-articles’. These will draw on the academic literature, rather than the news, and will provide tighter arguments and hopefully even more persuasive conclusions!

Inevitably mini-articles will take more time to write, but they will be interspersed with the old style comment. So there should still be something here to meet a variety of tastes and needs.

I am currently working on the first mini-article, which I expect to complete over the Christmas period. So watch this space.