Tuesday 24 June 2014

I've found the Centre for Social Justice report!

I have found the report. You can download it at:

http://www.centreforsocialjustice.org.uk/UserStorage/pdf/Pdf%20reports/enough.pdf

Although it is long it certainly seems to be an important read. My eyes fell on an important conclusion as soon as I began to skim the report


"Some social care teams are struggling to break away from a process-driven culture.... Tragically, timescales and targets still often seem to carry more weight than the quality
of work undertaken .... A rigid, formal and structured approach, as opposed to flexible and
child/young person-centred, continues to have an adverse impact on the quality of practice..." (p 165)

I certainly agree with that and I will be reading the whole 400 pages plus just as soon as I can, so watch this space for further comment.