Sunday 4 December 2011

More on the College of Social Work

A little while ago I made an irritated post about the proposed College of Social Work. I was upset by the protracted negotiations; and by claims and counter claims about who was responsible for the delays in establishing this much needed body.

I am pleased to see that the UK Parliament's Education Select Committee has also expressed its frustrations. This committee has now forced some of the participants in the debacle to release various documents which do shed some light on what is happening.

However. I have to confess, having read these, that I am still not clear why all this is proving so difficult. If you have time, read the documents. May be you will have more luck? If you can see a way forward please share it. I'll publish any reasonable suggestions I receive (email me at chris-mills-child-protection-blog@gmx.co.uk).

This matter urgently needs to be resolved.